Today we hosted our first breakfast seminar for our clients – The Sky is Not Falling: How CASL Affects Your Direct Marketing.
Together with Matthew Vernhout, Manager of Deliverability, Chief Privacy Officer at InBox Marketer, Kevin Klein addressed the impact of the upcoming Canadian Anti-Spam Law on prospect and direct marketing to a packed house.
Key take aways from the event include:
- CiG is taking proactive steps to ensure all lists we use for campaigns are CASL compliant.
- As of July 1st, campaign recommendations will only include CASL compliant lists.
- CiG’s 2-step CASL validation process for list owners.
- Opportunities in digital channels such as intelligent|view Digital Personas continue to drive acquisition campaigns.
- Direct mail still works! With a higher response rate than email direct mail is still a valuable acquisition tool.
As we said, the sky in not falling. After July 1st you can still use 3rd party email lists in your acquisition campaigns with a reputable media partner like CiG.
If you’d like to know more about how you can use 3rd party email lists in your campaigns after July 1, 2014, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-367-2444.