Image source: intelligentVIEW reporting
CMOs demand a multi-channel approach to acquiring new customers. Marketing departments are tasked to deliver cross-channel experiences, find new customers and measure the results. Using intelligentVIEW, analysts generate actionable insights that improve the planning process.
Visualizing and Understanding Customer Data
Before embarking on an acquisition campaign, the marketing department simply uploads a list of their best customers into intelligentVIEW.
In a matter of seconds a report reveals existing customers:
- Can largely be classified as 18-30 year olds in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.
- Conduct online research for products and services at three times the national average, use instant messaging at 3.5 times the national average and stream almost all their entertainment content (TV, music, movies).
- Research and buy clothing, accessories, health and beauty products online.
- Use home fashion and travel websites often.
- Read Canadian House and Home, Chatelaine (French), Elle (French), FASHION Magazine and sometimes Cosmo.
The marketing department extracts the postal codes that best match these attributes and go to the next step.
Identifying and Quantifying New Opportunities
Using the List and Channel Report in intelligentVIEW they quickly get counts of some of the best lists available in the country that match identified prospects. After a consultation with CiG, the Marketing team receives a final list recommendation and three-pronged approach to reaching prospects in new and innovative ways.
Using CiG’s list selections they deploy:
- Direct mail to readers of major fashion magazines
- Follow up email to direct mail recipients to reinforce messaging
- Text message with coupons for use in store
At each touch point, the marketing team measures the response rates and validates their investment. They profile respondents in intelligentVIEW to refine their targets and to optimize future campaigns.