The key to a successful Neighbourhood Mail ™ (formerly known as Unaddressed Admail ™) campaign is choosing the best Canada Post carrier walk routes.
Marketers need to find routes filled with prospects who are most likely to respond to the offer.
It’s a proven way to generate awareness and find new customers:
- Direct mail response rates in 2016 averaged 2.9% for prospect lists. (Source)
- An Epsilon study found that 77% of people sort through their physical mail as soon as they get it. (Source)
- Direct mail is easier to understand and more memorable than digital media. It takes 21% less thought to process and creates a much higher brand recall. (Source)
The challenge is, with such a broad reach into every home, apartment, and business, many Marketers struggle to find the top routes that best match their target audience.
Precise, precision targeting
Marketers invest a lot of time and money to understand the complex humans that are customers and prospects. (Or they use intelligentVIEW.)
Canada Post offers a Precision Targeter tool to select Geographic and Demographic attributes most representative of prospective customers. The output is a list of recommended carrier walk routes to inform route selection. But are they the best match to your target?
While useful, Geodemographic attributes only begin to scratch the surface of what customers look like.
And so, CiG built the Letter Carrier Walks Optimizer. An intelligentVIEW module that ranks the best carrier walk routes for your campaign based on your own, robust customer data.
And we didn’t stop there.
The module calculates penetration rates for each route, so you, the data driven Marketer, can understand who will most likely respond to the offer before the campaign is even mailed!
Pick the best carrier walk routes for your Neighbourhood Mail campaign
The intelligentVIEW Letter Carrier Walks Optimizer matches your best customers and vital segments with people just like them on Canada Post carrier walk routes.
How it works:
- Select the customer profiles and/or vital segments to target. Run the report.
- The Letter Carrier Walks Optimizer creates a ranked report of the top Canada Post routes from your customer data.
- A penetration rate is calculated for each route to let you know who is most likely to respond to your offer, up front.
- Easily share the ranked report (similar to the one below) within the organization or with external partners.
- Refine carrier walk selections for your Neighbourhood Mail ™ campaign and high five your team for a job well done.
Improved targeting and overall campaign effectiveness
The point is, before selecting your Neighbourhood Mail ™ (formerly Unaddressed Admail) carrier walk routes, run a report through the Letter Carrier Walk Optimizer so you can:
- See what routes are available within a chosen geography.
- Identify the best routes to reach your prospects.
- Understand who is most likely to respond to your offer, up front.
- See what percentage of total mailed households are target households.
- Make informed media spend decisions.